APA Activity 1
1. Correct the in-text citation in the sentence below.
Neither group showed any significant growth (Wong and Tuttle 2005).
Neither Group Showed and Significant Growth (Wong & Tuttle, 2005).
2. Correctly format the reference below.
Bretschneider, J.G. & McCoy, N.L. (1968). Sexual Interest and Behavior in Healthy 80- 102-Year-Olds: Archives of Sexual Behavior, 14, 343-350.
3. Correctly format the reference below.
Hashimoto, T. , (2000, March13). Seeing the red in November. Newsweek, 199, 23.
4. What is the correct way to format quotations longer than 40 words? Incorporate the quotation into the text and place quotation marks around the quotation. Cite the source immediately after the quotation and continue with the sentence.
5. Compose a direct quotation using only the underlined information from the sentence below. The quotation should be grammatically and APA stylistically correct. “Pride and Prejudice is a novel by Jane Austen that deals with issues of class, gender, and social status, in addition to being a love story.” Austen has stated that, “Pride and Prejudice is a novel that deals with issues of class, gender, and social status.”
6. Rewrite the quote below so that it includes an explanation in your own wordsto the reader that Mr. Johnson is the founder of the Eat More Oreos Foundation.
“Mr. Johnson declined to comment on this article.”
He stated, “Mr. Johnson is the founder of the Eat More Oreos Foundation, but he did not offer and explanation as to why.
7. Does the sentence below need to be cited? Why or why not?
Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft.
No, this is common knowledge of the standard information of the discipline, this is general information that the reader knows and can locate easily.
8. Does the sentence below need to be cited? Why or why not?
Students who studied two hours a day did 25% better on the final examine.
Yes. You are to use citations whenever...
References: American Psychological Association. (2009).
Feldman, R.S. (2013). The second edition of Psychology and your life. New York, NY:
McGraw Hill Companies.
Kirk, M. (2013). PBS Frontline Special: League of Denial. United States: Public Broadcasting Services.
Producer, David, R.O
Reich, A., Cohen, T. (Writers), & Bright, K.S. (Director). (2003). The One
after Joey and Rachel kiss [Television series episode]
Snickers Commercial. (2013). Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPLR910CYA.
United States Energy Information Administration. (2013). Annual Energy Outlook 2013 Early Release Overview. Retrieved from http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/aeo/er/pdf/0383er(2013).pdf
Please join StudyMode to read the full document