The student should be able to demonstrate:
A basic knowledge and understanding of the diversity of the scope of management in organisations The ability to undertake basic research and to communicate information effectively in both oral and written form A basic knowledge of the underlying concepts and principles related to entrepreneurial activities and their management
This group assignment represents 50% of the total marks for this module.
This assignment is divided into 2 parts:
Part A - Report (70%)
Part B - Presentation (30%)
The group report length should be 1,500 words. You should state the number of words used on the cover of the assignment. You may include diagrams or figures, reference and bibliography lists and any appendices without word penalty. The standard sliding scale of penalties for excess length will be imposed. The penalties will be as follows:
You are required to use relevant sources to support your answer and the application within ANY of the organizations given below: (Choose ONE only)
Johnson & Johnson
Part A - Report
1) Write a group report analysing the factors that contributes to the overall success of the organization that you have chosen based on any FOUR (4) of the following aspects:-
Your analysis on the factors in the business environment including the leader of the organization should cover the following aspects:
Mega environment (CHOOSE ANY TWO)
i) International element
ii) Economic element
iii) Technological element
iv) Sociocultural element
v) Legal-political element
Task environment (CHOOSE TWO)
i) Customers & Clients
v) Government Agencies
3) Each member of the group should fill up the Group Task Report, which states the work done and responsibilities held. 4) Guidance: Explain and describe your chosen entrepreneur using the management concepts and theories you have learnt in this module. 5) Answer the following questions within the essay: Do you think the chosen organization will be successful under the current leader in the future? Why or why not?
Marks are awarded based on the following guidelines:-
Description / introduction of the chosen organisation
Overall understanding of the concepts (10 marks)
Description and application of the Mega factors selected
Description and application of the Task factors selected
Referencing - Harvard referencing system with textual citation 10
Documentation - Standard academic format
Part B - Presentation
A 20-minute presentation of the report, followed by a 5-10 minute question and answer session will be conducted. All members of the group must present and marks will be awarded individually.
You will be assessed on the following:
Detailed literature review
Ability to respond competently to questions
Quality of presentation technique
(Total 30 marks)
1. You should have a minimum of 5 references to substantiate you research and report writing.
2. You are REQUIRED to use proper referencing methods for this assignment – Harvard Referencing System.
3. Report should be well structured and the use of proper headings for topic separation is encouraged.
4. The report must follow the standard academic format:
Times New Roman
Marks are awarded based on the following guidelines:
Superficial analysis, concepts and language of the subject are absent or scant. Irrelevant regurgitation...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document