1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Four main points that must be included in a contract of employment are:
1. Job title and job description
2. Main place of work
3. Holiday and sick pay entitlements
4. Hours of work and salary
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business are:
1. Health and safety at Work Act
2. National Minimum Wage Act 1998
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Three key points of legislation that affect employees are:
1. Data Protection Act 1998
2. The Equality Act 2010
3. The Working Time Regulations
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal sources of information:
1. Terms of employment contract
2. Organisation policies and procedures
3. Informed college
4. Line managers
5. Trade union representatives
External sources of information:
1. Citizen Advice Bureau
2. ACAS (Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
3. Government agencies
5. Legal professionals
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
Representative bodies are organisations that represent the interest and rights of the employees.
They can offer support to employees by negotiating pay and terms of employment and providing information, consultation and legal services. They also can help employees with pensions and collective redundancy issues.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document